City’s Initiative Grant
The City's Initiative (CI) Grant category provides one-time grants to City of Houston 501(c)3 nonprofit arts and cultural organizations for new opportunities that: (1) are not part of the applicant's annual budget or regular programming/annual events; and (2) promote cultural tourism. Examples include the opportunity to present an artist or performance that was not included in an annual season or an unanticipated invitation to perform or exhibit (as part of a conference or meeting being held in Houston). Awards are restricted to artistic and marketing costs with $10,000 as the maximum amount awarded.
For more information, email Grants staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations approved for a grant will enter into an agreement with Houston Arts Alliance that outlines the arts activities that will be supported through grant evaluations and accountability requirements.
FY16 City's Initiative
Grant Term: July 1, 2015- June 30, 2016
Application Portals Open: Bimonthly the first Monday after a deadline
Application Deadlines: Bimonthly, the last Friday of the month|
Panel Reviews: Bimonthly
Notifications of Award: Bimonthly
- Friday, April 29, 2016, 5:30 p.m. (For projects beginning after Thursday, July 28, 2016)
- A preliminary meeting is required—at least 48 hours from a City's Initiative deadline—for organizations looking to make application. To schedule a meeting, email email@example.com.
- All requests for funding must be submitted at least 90 calendar days in advance of the project begin date. Please do not submit an application if your project does not meet this requirement.
The City’s Initiative application is available through an online application portal.
- To begin an application, click on the "Apply" button below.
- If you have not already done so, create a login and password under the “Sign Up” tab.
- Once logged in, you can begin the application by clicking on “Your Requests.”
- Please upload any supplemental materials for your proposal directly to the application under the “Uploads” tab.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions completing the online application.